Resetting Your NickServ Password (I've forgotten My Password, Help!)

Help for using the chat at KinkstersChat
d0rkbunni
It's A Cute Fluffy Bunni!!
It's A Cute Fluffy Bunni!!

Resetting Your NickServ Password (I've forgotten My Password, Help!)

Post by d0rkbunni » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am

HALP!! I'VE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD!

No, fear, KC's here. All you need to do is hop on into #Help and ask one of the available admins to do a SENDPASS on your nick registration. We will initiate the process as soon as we see it.

Once we've initiated the SENDPASS, shortly after you will receive an e-mail from Kinksterschat with the title "KinkstersChat Account Password Change Verification". If you get such an e-mail and you did not initiate the process, simply ignore the mail (or come tell us, and we will look into it for you).

In the e-mail you will find a command that you need to copy and paste into your chat client AFTER you have chosen a new password and edited the line where it says <password> (remember to leave out the brackets).

/msg NickServ SETPASS [YourRegisteredNick] [YourKey] <password>

Once you have send the command with your new password to the server, you should get the following feedback:

[16:22:28] -NickServ- The password for [YourRegisteredNick] has been changed to [YourNewPassword].

Only you will be able to see this, please never paste your password to anyone.

Depending on how fast you were when you did all this, you will need to change back to your nick, possibly needing to first RELEASE the lock Services (NickServ) put on your nick. If your nick is Kinkster##### you will need to do the following:

/ns RELEASE [YourRegisteredNick] [YourNewPassword]
You will get the response: [16:27:36] -NickServ- [YourRegistredNick] has been released.

Now you can change your nick to your registered nick by typing:

/nick [YourRegisteredNick]

You should see the following on your screen:
[16:29:37] -NickServ- This nickname is registered. Please choose a different nickname, or identify via /msg NickServ identify <password>.
[16:29:37] -NickServ- You have 30 seconds to identify to your nickname before it is changed.

and within 30 seconds type
/ns ID [YourNewPassword]

with the following output
[16:29:43] -NickServ- AUTHENTICATION SUCCESSFUL as [YourRegistredNick]!

Congratulations, you've now successfully changed your NickServ password! :-)
-
because I fucking said so! :P (geek)